Archive for April, 2011
WANTED – PLAYERS FOR PERTH HILLS UNITED WOMEN’S TEAM (D4)
Perth Hills United, based at the Harry Riseborough Oval, Hartung Street, Mundaring, are looking for several players over the age of 16 for its Division 4 women’s social team. We are a friendly small club with a country-town atmosphere. Training is on Thursday nights from 6.15pm until 7.45pm. Please contact Larry on 0439 955 437 or Steve on 9298 9330 or simply turn up on a training night.
PERTH HILLS UNITED IS SEEKING PLAYERS FOR ITS U17 D1 GIRLS TEAM
Owing to last-minute withdrawals, Perth Hills United, based at the Harry Riseborough Oval, Hartung Street, Mundaring, is seeking several players for its U17 Girls D1 team. We are a friendly small club with a country-town atmosphere. Training is on Wednesday nights from 6pm until 7.30pm. Please contact Steve on 9298 9330 or simply turn up on a training night.
The World Football Programme 107.9fm is back Saturday April 30 at 9am after a well earned Easter break!
If you or your club would like to become a Corporate Member of the station at a cost of $110: Contact the team on 0408 921 832.
Your membership helps keep the volunteer community programme on air doing what we love for the Game we love.
The WFP has been on air for nearly 30 years.
15.04.2011 From the Football West website > www.footballwest.com.au
New nomination close time is May 30 (previously was April 30).
Nominations are now being sought for possible induction into the Football Hall of Fame Western Australia, with the next awards ceremony to be held in November, 2011. The Football Hall of Fame WA was launched in 1996, and the 2011 intake will be the fifth time that the greats of the game in WA have been honoured.
The roll of honour so far has embraced a total of 123, who include former champion players, coaches, administrators, referees and others who have made a significant contribution since the game was officially established in Western Australia in 1896.
This time round, nominations are being sought in three categories:
The Hall of Champions, which honours the elite players and, as such, is a category with a tough criteria. It salutes those who reached a very high standard and may have also represented Australia or the State team.
The Hall of Merit for Players for those who enjoyed considerable success and made an outstanding contribution to the game in WA. This category embraces those special players who may not have reached the highest level because of long-term injury or other circumstances, such as fewer State team opportunities.
The Hall of Recognition, which honours the contributions made by outstanding administrators, influential coaches, high-achieving referees and others who may have made a telling impact on the game.
Nominations should be made on the appropriate form, with as much detail as possible, and returned to Hall of Fame secretary Barbara Gibson (9526 0330) no later than May 30, 2011.
Nominated players must have been retired professionally for at least three years.
The Committee of the Hall of Fame reserves the right to make the final judgement on all nominees.
Heres the news on the 2011 season so far
Tanya Oxtoby has been appointed as Football West Full Time Women’s Football Manager. Tanya started her job just last week.
The 13s State Team has been away this week under Coach Salv Todaro and Physio Tracey Wheeler. Go to > www.footballwest.com.au for more information.
Hall of Fame nominations close April 30 (refer Hall of Fame page on this website). Open to nominations from any member of the footballing community to nominate for 3 separate categories (Champions, Merit, recognition). Names like Tracey Wheeler, Sandra Brentall, Beckenham Head Coach John O’Connell, are already Hall of Famers.
- Final at Coker Park last Sunday won by Queens Park over UWA
- all female officials for the first time
- well done Queens Park for providing the venue
- a large crowd watched the game
Womens Standing Committee
- 3 members appointed (Deb Farrell South West, Lee Waterman Quinns and myself), 7 required for full compliment totalling 10,
- if you have already been nominated and put forward an application to the AEC please attach that same nomination here and I will follow it up
- otherwise would love to receive your casual nomination to be a part of the WSC (phone Penny 0408921832 to find out what involvement duties etc)
Leagues and Cup underway
> www.footballwest.com.au > competitions > women’s
- who do you think are the two largest women’s clubs in WA?
- Cup continues into the second round Tuesday 26 April
- all social leagues are into second round
- did you know that WA great Sandra Brentnall is still playing- what a fantastic role model for the younger players
- Premier League is being challenged, with one bye already in the 10 team format, East Fremantle are struggling to field a Reserves team
- a solution may be to offer them a place in another division in order to change the fixtures to an 8 team template (its a user pay system and everyone wants to play as many games as possible for their registration), or to encourage excess Premier players (youth or senior) from other clubs to filter to East Fremantle
- if you have a comment please let me or FBW know a solution to help East Fremantle asap
- development pathway teams have been renamed from HPC
- squad playing in the boys 14s is now NTC womens (coaching staff may have changed from last year)
- squad playing in Premier League women is called girls 15 NTC and girls 17 NTC
- the squads are playing scratch matches (Beckenham v NTC tonight 21.4.2011 at Mills Park 6.30pm)
Do you have any thoughts on new clubs formation, zonal competitions or structure of the leagues? Let me know and I will let FBW know! Or let them know direct 9422 6900.
This information is also posted to www.womensoccer.com.au. If you want to promote any of your women’s club activities let me know and I will post to womensoccer.com.au.
Have fun out there!
Women’s Standing Committee 0408 921 832
The World Football Programme Radio 107.9FM Saturdays 9-12 noon (break over Easter)
The World Football Programme radio team are on break over Easter and back on air Saturday 30th April, 2011